Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Rin Along ++ Official Start and Prizes


Welcome to the official kick off of the Rin Along 
hosted by Cindy of Hyacinth Quilt Designs and myself!

I hope that you have had a chance to purchase the pattern and pick out some fabrics to use if you decided to join in.  This is going to be a very relaxing and easy paced quilt along.

On most Wednesdays throughout the quilt along, Cindy and I will be sharing either a tip or the progress in our projects. You can share your progress on social media using the hastag #RinAlong.

The parade at the end of the quilt along will be posted on both Cindy's blog and my blog on July 5th.  To participate in the parade and be eligible for prizes:

  • You will need to e-mail either Cindy or myself (MeadowMistDesigns at gmail dot com) a picture of your "finish" by July 2nd.
  • You only need to have one block made (just appliqued, the block does not need to be quilted).  
Prizes

We will have 4 four winners, the winners being selected randomly from those that enter the parade.


Carolyn Friedlander - Carolyn has generously offered some of her fabric to one winner (US only).


Aurifil - Aurifil is giving away an 80wt small spool 10-piece collection by Carolyn Friedlander (US and international, no PO Boxes).


Cindy is giving away a copy of her book Simply Modern Christmas (US only).


Quilting Jetgirl - Yvonne has generously donated two (2) pdf patterns from her Etsy shop for one winner.


I will be giving out three (3) digital pdf patterns of the winner's choice from my Etsy shop (US and international).

See you next Wednesday when I will be sharing some tips on getting started with the pattern!





5 comments:

  1. All ready Cheryl, with the pattern and my fabric choices. This will be my first attempt at hand-turning applique. Looking forward to next week's tips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I am excited to quilt along with you!

      Delete
  2. Awesome prizes! But, I'm a little nervous to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the fabric and the pattern and would like to make a king sized quilt but I will settle for one block at a time. Can't wait for some tips. Folding the appliqué fabric looks like origami and I'm nervous. I love Carolyn's appliqué technique. Should be fun. Thanks for hosting and for the prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pattern bought, busting into a bundle I've had for ages, just need to decide on BGF!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!